Here you can find my publications, my dissertation, and some book reviews. For a more detailed overview of my academic and related activities, see my CV.
In case you are interested, please do have a look. In case you have comments, questions, answers, or thoughts you’d like to share on any of the topics involved, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Any use of, quotation from, or reference to the non-published materials that can be found here is only allowed after explicit permission from the author is obtained.
PUBLICATIONS and AWARDS
- Recipient of the Kurt Gödel Award 2019, issued by the Kurt Gödel Freundeskreis in cooperation with Wuppertal University, for the essay The limits of reductionism: thought, life, and reality (published online).
- Recipient, together with Ro Naastepad, of the Helen Potter Award 2018, issued by the Association of Social Economics, for the article ‘Robots and Us: Towards an Economics of the ‘Good Life’ (see below).
- The Limits of Humeanism. European Journal for Philosophy of Science 8(3): 671–87.
- Together with C.W.M. Naastepad: Robots and Us: Towards an Economics of the ‘Good Life’. Review of Social Economy 76(3): 302–34
- Why Intentions? Ratio 31(S1): 51–64
- De eenheid van een gedachte. Over de samenhang van logica en metafysica. ANTW 109(1): 145–60. (In Dutch)
- Two Fundamentally Different Perspectives on Time. Axiomathes 27(3): 295–320. (You can read the full text here.)
- A Seeming Problem for Higher-Order Theories of Consciousness. Dialogue 55(3): 449–65.
- Defining Original Presentism. Kriterion 30(2): 29–60.
- A Vital Challenge to Materialism. Philosophy 91(2): 153–82.
- Recipient of the 2015 Philosophy Essay Prize, issued by the Royal Institute of Philosophy, for the abovementioned essay ‘A Vital Challenge to Materialism’.
- The Essentialist Inference. Australasian Journal of Philosophy 91(4): 755–69.
- What Generates the Realism/Anti-Realism Dichotomy?. Philosophica 84: 49–80.
2018: Review of Sebastian Rödl: Self-Consciousness and Objectivity. Ethical Perspectives 25(1): 165-70. Together with Niels van Miltenburg and Dawa Ometto.
2015: Review of Josh Weisberg: Consciousness. Ethical Perspectives 22(4): 740-3.
2015: Review of Michael Bratman: Shared Agency. Ethical Perspectives 22(2): 336-41.
2014: Conceptual Realism. The Structure of Metaphysical Thought. Cum laude defended on June 18, 2014.
2010: Summing Things Up. What Can Mereology Teach Us About Reality?